(... because we know our members have to train)
(Server continues development and will improve heavily over a short period of time.)
I am thrilled to announce that Project Beast now has an up and running training server featuring various of different maps from: DM, DD, Shooter, Race, Fun and Hunter. While we are still heavily developing Zircon we will keep this server in active development which means that over time new functionality will be added and ultimately for the server to be integrated into Zircon itself. But for now let's talk about how this training server came into place, what it offers and what is planned for the future.
First of all, why did we decide to create a training server? As you may know we actively play in tournaments and clanwars and wanted our members to have a place to properly train within our own community so that we can accommodate their needs as best as possible. Similarly we also want to offer a decent place to train for tournaments we host ourselves like the Unleash the Beasts tournament (which finally can start now).
The training server has been built on top of an old multi-gamemode of GTX and myself that was named "Sapphire" (hence why it appears as Sapphire in the server list), it has been fully reworked into a stable training server. Throughout this time we also applied a lot of fixes and performance upgrades and will continue to do so. As you may imagine this wasn't an easy task.
When entering the server you get presented with a map list (f2 brings it back up) with various of different tabs making it easy to filter maps by type or even special occasions like clanwars and the Unleash the Beast tournament. A search bar is also in place to quickly search for the exact map you want. Unfortunately we only have around 730 maps between the various of categories uploaded right now but will continue to upload more maps over time. As the web dashboard is still in development we unfortunately cannot yet offer a map uploader on our website but will do so through a Discord bot as soon as possible (which may even be more convenient for all of you).
The server has a pretty decent but tiny UI right now but this will be heavily extended upon later on by including a NOS bar, health bar, time played, etc... but this was not a necessity yet for its public launch.
We also offer some other basic functionality like a carhide/carfade (f3) and warps which can be saved by using "x" and loaded back in by pressing "n". We are however working on a rewind system and spawnpoint selection so stay in touch for that! Toptimes will also be added fairly soon to allow for some competitive training inside the server. Together with various of statistics (like kills - together with a UI - for shooter/dd/hunter) once we have established an account system.
Currently we are also working on a new, customized scoreboard but until then we'll keep on using the default MTA scoreboard with some alterations which will work just fine for now.
Enough reading for now, naturally all of you want to know how to get on this brand-new training server of ours and I am here to tell you exactly that. You can either simply search for "Project Beast" in MTA or connect through mtasa://220.127.116.11:22033 .
Have fun training!
Project Beast administration and development teams
Registrations are closed and everything has been set-up, so we are ready to go! Although I want to express that I am deeply sorry for the delays, after all each of us does this in our free time and sometimes real-life things gain priority. But rest assured, it's all smooth sailing from her on out.
Let's start with the fixtures, these are listed below and will be updated after each match. Do note that on each side 2 teams (4 in total) have to compete with each other to get into the qualification round. This is due to the amount of teams that have signed up to the competition (elimination requires a power of 4 to work). However, we did not want to deny any teams the opportunity to be part of this contest. This is our solution, the 4 teams that have to battle before the qualification round were chosen at random.
Click here for a larger version.
Maps [QUALIFICATION ROUND ONLY]
Maps have been chosen as a throwback to the old shooter days and somewhat more modern ones. We want you to appreciate how shooter used to be before many players tried to alter it.
1. Tobster - Kamikaze
2. Munk ft. Tobster - China
3. Megadreams ft. Rage ft. iRaven - Paradise Shooter IV
4. aDidAs - Burst
5. ExXoTicC ft. Diesulke - The Big Bang Theory -III-
6. EDOS ft. Ron1 - Shooter
7. EDOS ft. Ron1 - Shooter II
8. MegaDreams ft. CreeD - Paradise Shooter III
9. Tobster - The Castle
10. Tobster - The Castle III
Map list can change. If this happens teams will be notified on time. If any mistakes are made or teams disagree with the choices, feel free to contact @Megadreams.
1. Camping is NOT allowed. The violating player will be removed from the round. Repeating violation will result in full disqualification of that player from the tournament.
2. Maximum allowed ping is 350 (with a maximum difference between the lowest and highest point of a user their ping of 75 per a 10 second interval). Limits can be adjusted at the discretion of the organizers prior to a round.
3. Minimum allowed FPS is 24. Limits can be adjusted at the discretion of the organizers prior to a round.
4. Cheats / hacks are highly prohibited and will lead to disqualification of the whole team. The violator will also be reported to the MTA team to be added to the global MTA blacklist.
5. Screenshots have to be enabled. On random intervals a screenshot of each participant will be taken (without chat - because of privacy) to make sure each participant is playing truthfully.
6. Vehicle modifications are only allowed if they do not alter the collision or any other aspect that may cause sync issues. This will be enforced by information gathered from the admin panel and the screenshots mentioned above.
7. Each round may only take up 10 minutes max. The team with the most alive participants will automatically win then. Upon a draw the winning team will be chosen by random. (Keep the no-camping rule in mind!)
8. Ground-killing is fully allowed. There are no specific rules about how what you can and cannot do to kill an opponent.
9. Friendly fire is enabled. Be cautious and coordinate with your team to not accidentally kill a teammate!
The team captains of each teams will be contacted individually to discuss match dates and times.
The Unleash The Beast organisation team
Hey guys! I would like to present you "Dean's feat request".
►Dean's Discord - Dean#9812
Da Tweekaz & In Phase - Don't Stop
Lights by NitroNTV
Infernus by Micra edited by NitroNTV
►Wanna have a map recorded? Simply contact me on Skype: forfuckshake2